I will speak at the Save Texas Schools rally on February 23 in Austin.
Help stop budget cuts and vouchers.
Join me in Austin.
Fight for the future of public education in Texas!
SAVE TEXAS SCHOOLS RALLY
February 23, 2013
Dear Save Texas Schools Supporter,
As you know, our public schools are under attack now more than ever. With continuing brutal budget cuts to education, a broken testing system, and proposed private school vouchers that would further drain resources from public schools, it’s time to STAND UP for Texas kids and schools.
Here’s how to make your voice heard during the 2013 legislative session.
1. Be part of our “Fight for the Future” campaign, launching in early January. Every Texas legislator needs to hear repeatedly from you about key issues affecting our schoolchildren. We’ll tell you how with a different idea each week.
2. Join thousands of fellow Texans on Saturday, February 23, 2013 at the Texas Capitol.
11 am march on Congress Ave., noon to 1:30 pm rally at the Capitol.
Expected Attendance: HUGE! Let’s top 2011’s record of 13,000.
Confirmed Speakers: Supt. John Kuhn, Diane Ravitch. More soon!
Transportation: We can help you with buses from your area this year. Visit savetxschools.org for information.
Become a Local Rally Organizer! See our website to sign-up!
What’s Wrong With Vouchers?
We need to let Sen. Patrick (Senate Education Chair) and other legislators know that vouchers are a BAD idea, because:
1. Vouchers would drain another $2 billion from public education on top of other cuts.
2. Taxpayer money should not be used to fund private and religious schools.
3. Vouchers have been tried in other states and abandoned after failing to improve educational outcomes.
Learn more .
Texas is at a crossroads. The decisions made in the next six months will determine our children’s educational opportunities and our state’s economic prospects for decades to come. The fight for our future is now- please join us in standing up for Texas kids!
Save Texas Schools