Wherever the Boston Consulting Group goes, certain outcomes are predictable:
1. It will recommend closing public schools.
2. It will recommend opening privately managed charter schools.
3. Most of the schools closed will be in African-American neighborhoods.
4. Most of the teachers laid off will be African American.
5. The Boston Consulting Group will get a fee that is outrageous in comparison to the work they do in writing a report (the report is everywhere the same, just change the name of the city).
In this case, they make the usual recommendations for Memphis.
Before, their handiwork was seen in Philadelphia.
Who advises them? Margaret Spellings.